Colca As Few Can Do!
3 Days Program
Our tour From Arequipa to the Colca Valley “As few can do 3 days” is designed for travelers that enjoy sharing activities with local people, short optional hikes, visit traditional non tourist towns or to have some adrenaline shot doing zip line, etc. Our excursion will take you through the Long Route toward to the valley, you will explore the Colca Canyon with all its highlights, and finish the experience in the city of Puno on Lake Titicaca, having a previuos visit to the enigmatic and insteresting “Chullpas of Sillustani”.
*All optional activities during the tour are flexible; we know, “It is your trip”.
Departures: Daily with a small group.
We will visit:
- National Reserve of Pampa Cañahuas.
- The “Window “ view point.
- Town of Callalli.
- Town of Sibayo.
- Optional hike to hot springs.
- Town of Coporaque.
- Cruz del Cóndor View point.
- Town of Chivay.
- Optional activities in the valley (Choose one of the options offered).
- Sillustani remains on Lake Titicaca (On the route to Puno).
- Transfer to Puno city center / Hotel.
The program includes:
- Tourist qualified transportation Arequipa / Colca valley / Puno for 3 days.
- English Professional Guide.
- 01 Lunch with local family (First day in Sibayo Town)
- 02 nights in Colca canyon Lodge La Casa de Mamayacchi (Coporaque town) or in request other hotels.
- 02 breakfasts Buffet in Lodge.
- Transfer to Lake Titicaca last day with stops on the route for pictures.
- Visit to Sillustani remains.
- 24/7 Assistance.
The Program does not include:
- Entrances to the Colca canyon and Sillustani remains.
- Entrances to the hot springs / Zip line (optional visits).
- Local Guide in ruins Sillustani.
DepartureFrom Your Hotel.
Departure Time07:30 AM
Return TimeTransfer to Puno on Lake Titicaca.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, Sun glasses, sun protection, Warm Jacket, walking shoes and hat
- Altitude sickness, also known as acute mountain sickness (AMS), or “Soroche” in Perú is a group of symptoms that can strike if you walk or climb to a higher elevation, or altitude, too quickly.
- – Dizziness.
- – Headaches.
- – Dehydration.
- – Feeling tired.
- – Loss of appetite.
- – Sleep issues.
- – Nervousness.
- – Heavy breathing.
- – Increased cardiac rhythm.
- – Digestive issues.
- Hydration is important. It is recommended to drink at least 2 or 3 liters of water a day to help your body acclimatize
- Eat healthy and consequently. You may experience loss of appetite but your body needs energy, carbohydrates such as pasta, bread, potatoes, fruits and flour based products will help stabilize your energy levels.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee, sodas, salt and unhealthy food
- Your body needs generally about 3 to 5 days to acclimatize above 2500 meters of altitude (8000 ft.). Resting is important. Pillows to sleep at a 30 degrees angle is recommended.
- Coca leaves, although illegal in the US, help a lot improving your condition in altitude. You can either chew it or drink it in a tea. A cup or two in the morning will already help a lot.
- Providing bathroom breaks when it’s needed during the tour.
- 24h assistance from the guide to help you in any matter.
- Oxygen is provided in vehicles and hotels. Transfer to a nearby hospital will be provided if ever needed with assistance of a doctor.
- Giving you tips and recommendations.