Colca Canyon Classic 2D
/ per person
2 Days program.
Departures: Fixed daily departures with a small group. (Max. 14 persons)
- Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve.
- Highest point Patapampa (4,910 meters).
- Town of Chivay.
- Town of Coporaque. (Activities in lodge, short walkings, visit San Antonio ruins, etc.)
- Visit the Thermal baths (hot springs).
- Cruz del Condor view point.
- Viewpoints of Choquetico and Atahuilque.
- Short hikes during all the tour.
- Yanque town.
The program includes:
- Qualified Tourist transportation (Pick up/Drop off at your hotel).
- Professional / Certificated English Guide.
- Lodge / Hotel with Breakfast Buffet.
- 24/7 Assistance.
Extensions that you can do with this program – Extra charge:
- Additional day in Colca canyon: Half day activity with a Coporaque Villager.
- After Tour (second day) Transfer to Puno on Lake Titicaca.
Departure Time07:30 AM Daily
Return Time16:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, Sun glasses, sun protection, Warm Jacket, walking shoes and hat.
Altitude sickness: Altitude sickness, also known as acute mountain sickness (AMS), or “Soroche” in Perú is a group of symptoms that can strike if you walk or climb to a higher elevation, or altitude, too quickly. Symptoms:
- – Dizziness.
- – Headaches.
- – Dehydration.
- – Feeling tired.
- – Loss of appetite.
- – Sleep issues.
- – Nervousness.
- – Heavy breathing.
- – Increased cardiac rhythm.
- – Digestive issues.
- Hydration is important. It is recommended to drink at least 2 or 3 liters of water a day to help your body acclimatize
- Eat healthy and consequently. You may experience loss of appetite but your body needs energy, carbohydrates such as pasta, bread, potatoes, fruits and flour based products will help stabilize your energy levels.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee, sodas, salt and unhealthy food
- Your body needs generally about 3 to 5 days to acclimatize above 2500 meters of altitude (8000 ft.). Resting is important. Pillows to sleep at a 30 degrees angle is recommended.
- Coca leaves, although illegal in the US, help a lot improving your condition in altitude. You can either chew it or drink it in a tea. A cup or two in the morning will already help a lot.
- Providing bathroom breaks when it’s needed during the tour.
- 24h assistance from the guide to help you in any matter.
- Oxygen is provided in vehicles and hotels. Transfer to a nearby hospital will be provided if ever needed with assistance of a doctor.
- Giving you tips and recommendations.