Colca Canyon Classic 2D
“Travel from Arequipa to the Colca valley and discover with us a valley rich in culture and traditions, breathtaking scenary either crossing the National Park observing the wild vicuñas or admiring the artistically elaborated terraces of the valley. A land with an impressive natural stage full of rivers, mountains and gorges and get stunned observing the spectacular gliding of the Andean condor between the walls of the canyon”
Departures: Daily fixed departures with small group.
- Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve.
- Highest point Patapampa (4,910 meters).
- Town of Chivay.
- Town of Coporaque. (Activities in lodge, short walkings around the town, etc.)
- Visit the Thermal baths (hot springs).
- Cruz del Condor view point.
- Viewpoints of Choquetico and Atahuilque.
- Short hikes during visits.
- Yanque town.
Inclusions in Tour:
- Qualified Tourist transportation (Pick up/Drop off at your hotel).
- Professional / Certificated English Guide.
- Lodge / Hotel with Breakfast Buffet.
- 24/7 Assistance.
Extensions with extra charge:
- Extra day with activity with local family in Coporaque town.
- Transfer to Puno city (second day)
Departure Time07:30 AM Daily
Return Time16:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, Sun glasses, sun protection, Warm Jacket, walking shoes and hat.
- – Dizziness.
- – Headaches.
- – Dehydration.
- – Feeling tired.
- – Loss of appetite.
- – Sleep issues.
- – Nervousness.
- – Heavy breathing.
- – Increased cardiac rhythm.
- – Digestive issues.
- Hydration is important. It is recommended to drink at least 2 or 3 liters of water a day to help your body acclimatize
- Eat healthy and consequently. You may experience loss of appetite but your body needs energy, carbohydrates such as pasta, bread, potatoes, fruits and flour based products will help stabilize your energy levels.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee, sodas, salt and unhealthy food
- Your body needs generally about 3 to 5 days to acclimatize above 2500 meters of altitude (8000 ft.). Resting is important. Pillows to sleep at a 30 degrees angle is recommended.
- Coca leaves, although illegal in the US, help a lot improving your condition in altitude. You can either chew it or drink it in a tea. A cup or two in the morning will already help a lot.
- Providing bathroom breaks when it’s needed during the tour.
- 24h assistance from the guide to help you in any matter.
- Oxygen is provided in vehicles and hotels. Transfer to a nearby hospital will be provided if ever needed with assistance of a doctor.
- Giving you tips and recommendations.