Tour Lake Titicaca – Sillustani remains
Half Day Tour
In our half day tour to “Sillustani Chullpas” you will explore another interesting and enigmatic highlight of the region of Puno.
The cemetery of Sillustani is famous for its chullpas, built as circular stone towers. This archaeological site, located on the shores of Lake Umayo, is made up of almost 90 chullpas or ayawasis (houses of the dead) built with large blocks carved from volcanic stone extracted from two nearby quarries. The Sillustani Chullpas are located on top of a gentle hill overlooking the Umayo Lagoon.
- Transfers from / to your hotel.
- English Guide.
- Entrances to the remains.
- Permanent assistance.
*If your hotel is located outside of city center Puno we’ll indicate a meeting point for departure & return of tour; or in request we offer you transfers with an extra charge.
Map – Lake Titicaca
DepartureHotel / Hotel
Departure Time14:15 PM.
Return Time17:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, Sun glasses, sun protection, Warm Jacket, walking shoes and hat.
HOW IS THE WEATHER IN LAKE TITICACA?
- The weather is mostly sunny all year round during day time.
- The skies are mostly clear blue and you have to be careful with the intense sunshine during the day.
- It is highly recommended to use the strongest factor of sun protection.
- Sun bathing is not a good idea at these latitude and altitude.
- Be aware that temperature plummets in the evening, at night, and at dawn.
- We always need to have a warm winter jacket at hand for the time when the sun goes down.