Lake Titicaca; Uros Floating Islands
Half Day Tour
The artificial floating islands of the Uros in Peru, are ancestral people that lives in small communities in the middle of the highest navigable lake of the world; the Titicaca. The yellowish islets in which these inhabitants raise their houses are built with a type of reed called totora that grows in the water. There are currently around 80 islands on the Peruvian side of the Lake Titicaca and it is estimated that there are around 1,800 people living there, usually related to each other.
- Transfers from /to your hotel.
- English Guide.
- Entrances to Uros islands.
- Boat Roud Trip.
- Permanent assistance.
- Tips and other extras not mentioned as included.
*If your hotel is located outside of city center Puno we’ll indicate a meeting point for departure & return of tour; or in request we offer you transfers with an extra charge.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/giardino/sites/giardino/public/wp-content/plugins/setsail-tours/post-types/tours/lib/template-helpers.php on line 747
Shared Tours Puno
DepartureHotel / Hotel
Departure Time09:15 AM
Return Time12:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, Sun glasses, sun protection, Wind Jacket, walking shoes and hat.
HOW IS THE WEATHER IN LAKE TITICACA?
- The weather is mostly sunny all year round during day time.
- The skies are mostly clear blue and you have to be careful with the intense sunshine during the day.
- It is highly recommended to use the strongest factor of sun protection.
- Sun bathing is not a good idea at these latitude and altitude.
- Be aware that temperature plummets in the evening, at night, and at dawn.
- We always need to have a warm winter jacket at hand for the time when the sun goes down.