Rainbown Mountain FD
/ per person
Full Day Tour
Rainbow Mountain also known as Winicunca is located in the Peruvian Andes and is famous for the beauty of its natural, bright colors. On this trek you will see villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas. During the route you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Mountain (6,385 m / 20,945 ft.), the highest mountain in Cusco region.
- Pick you up very early in the morning (between 03:00 a.m. and 03:30 a.m.).
- We will drive about 2 hours to the Pitumarca community, where we will enjoy an exquisite breakfast.
- After breakfast, we will travel for 1 hour until we reach the Pampachiri community.
- Arrive in the Community and starts our trek (3 to 3 1/2 hrs) up to the mountain. Along our hike, we will walk down a pathway surrounded by mountains of vibrant colors and small streams of icy water.
- Finally we will reach the highest point of our trek; the summit of the Rainbow Mountain (5,033 mts.).
- At this point, we will have plenty of time to take selfies, videos and photos.
- Enjoy a snack and appreciate the magic and energy of this majestic place.
- After a coordinated time walking down to Pampachiri community.
- Upon our arrival, we will board our transport to return to Pitumarca, where we will enjoy a delicious lunch.
- Drive back to Cusco, arriving at approximately 17:30.
- Transfer to your hotel.
- Tourist Transport (Round Trip).
- Entrance Rainbow Mountain.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch. (Optional Vegetarian).
- Professional Tour Guide.
- First Aid kit.
Optional: Hire a horse for 90 Soles -Talk directly with your guide!
WHAT TO BRING.
- Original passport.
- Reusable Bottle of Water to drink 2-3 Lt
- Rain jacket / poncho.
- Winter hat and gloves.
- Sun block, factor 35+ recommended
- Sunglasses and hat.
- Camera with spare batteries.
- Trekking poles and shoes.
* This program can be offered also as Group standard Service, please consult with us for prices and availability.
DepartureFrom your Hotel
Departure Time03:30 AM
Return Time17:30 PM
Dress CodeComfortable clothes, Sun glasses, sun protection, Warm & wind Jacket, walking shoes and hat