Lake Titicaca; Tour Uros, Taquile & Amantani
2 Days Tour
This tour is a fascinating experience in Titicaca lake. You will visit first the floating islands Uros, our highlight will be the Amantani island (Overnight with family and activities) and close the experience with a visit to Taquile island enjoying a textile and cultural exhibition and lunch.
The Amantaní island is located 40 Km (25 miles) away from the city of Puno on Lake Titicaca (3 hours of navigation in normal boat). The 3,800 inhabitants of the island are of Quechua origin and they are mainly small farmers. The “Amantaneños” have not been as successful in their entrepreneurial tourism initiatives as their neighbors from Taquile island. However, they are very friendly and warm hosts and offer a great homestay experience to travelers. 🙂
Type Tour: Home stay with local family in Amantani Island.
- Pick-up from / to hotels (City center).
- Entrance fees to all islands.
- Boat transportation Round Trip.
- Activities with host family
- Visit to Taquile and Uros floating Islands.
- Bilingual Tour Guide.
- Permanent Assistance.
“This cultural exchange experience in Amantaní island is very touching and fascinating”.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/giardino/sites/giardino/public/wp-content/plugins/setsail-tours/post-types/tours/lib/template-helpers.php on line 747
Shared Tours Puno
DepartureFrom your hotel.
Departure Time07:30 AM
Return Time16:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, Sun glasses, sun protection, Warm Jacket, walking shoes and hat
HOW IS THE WEATHER IN LAKE TITICACA?
- The weather is mostly sunny all year round during day time.
- The skies are mostly clear blue and you have to be careful with the intense sunshine during the day.
- It is highly recommended to use the strongest factor of sun protection.
- Sun bathing is not a good idea at these latitude and altitude.
- Be aware that temperature plummets in the evening, at night, and at dawn.
- We always need to have a warm winter jacket at hand for the time when the sun goes down.