Trek Salkantay to Macchu Picchu 5 Days
The Sacred Mountain Salkantay is located in the northwest of Cusco and has an altitude of 6270 mts. The name Salkantay means “Wild Mountain”. In our journey we crossed beautiful Andean landscapes; we pass the highest point of the route (5000 mts) and we will have the chance to see Condors, Lamas and Alpacas in their natural habitat. The Salkantay circuit is a NEW alternative of trekking for adventure lovers. The Salkantay Mountain is surrounded by deep valleys and gorges that make this journey interesting as impressive. The last day of trekking very early we will close this journey visiting the unique lost City of the Incas; the great Machu Picchu.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate (6-8 hours walking a day).
- Type: On request Private Service.
- Season: Every day from April to December.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment and 7kg of your personal items.
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Transportation by bus to Soraypampa. / Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco.
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Afternoon Snacks and 4 Dinners. If you have a dietary request let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Tents (2 persons per ten (capacity. for 3 persons) .
- Hotel for final night.
- Sleeping mattress.
- Oxygen bottle. – First aid kit.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu / Machupicchu to aguas calientes.
Exclusions in Tour:
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us).
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 5.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What to bring with you:
- Original Passport. / ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount).
- Walking boots / Waterproof jacket / rain poncho. / Warm jacket. / Hat and gloves. / T-shirts.
- Comfortable Trousers / Sun hat. / Sun cream / Insect repellant /Toiletries / hand sanitiser / Personal medication.
- Reusable Bottle water.
DepartureHotel / Hotel
Departure TimeDaily on Request
Dress CodeCheck our list mentioned please.