Arequipa Walking Tour
Tour 3 hrs.
The historic center of Arequipa (UNESCO), built in volcanic sillar rock, represents an integration of European and native building techniques and characteristics, expressed in the admirable work of colonial masters and Criollo and Indian masons.
Our Walking Tour has daily departures and is realized in small groups; it is not only a great form to discover our city center but also a good way to get slow to the altitude considering that Arequipa city is located about 2,350 mts.
- Traditional neighborhood of San Lázaro.
- St. Francisco Square and its Plaza.
- Arequipa’s Main Square.
- El Tambo – Matadero multifamily neighborhood.
- Break at Casona 7 for Juice or Cafe and use of Toilets in case of need.
- Church and cloister of La Compañía de Jesús.
- Cupola of Saint Ignacio (St. Ignatius); a Chapel so beautiful that is an example of colonial Arequipa art.
- “San Camilo” popular market that open its door to the public in 1881 and was declared Historical Heritage in l987.
*We’ll finish this walk experience at Arequipa Main Square (Plaza de Armas).
Inclusions in Tour:
- Professional English Guide.
- Headphones during tour.
- Juice or Cafe in Casona 7.
* After this Walking Tour we recommend you to explore by your own interesting highlights in Arequipa city center, such as the Monastery Santa Catalina, Museum “Santuarios Andinos” (Where you can visit the Juanita Mummy), walk Inside of Arequipa’s Cathedral or visit its religious Museum.
DepartureFrom your Hotel / end in Arequipa city center.
Departure Time09:00 AM - 14:00 PM - Daily with small group
Return Time12:00 PM - 17:00 PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, Sun glasses and hat.