Inca Trail to MachuPicchu – 2 days
This is Peru’s best-known hike visited by thousands of tourists every year. This 2-day program covers a 13-km Inca Trail, joining the classical 4-day route at the impressive archaeological site of Wiñaywayna, continuing through the famous Inti Punku or Sun Gate, and finally devoting the second day to a full day visit of the world-famous Inca citadel of Machupicchu. This program is recommended for those having less time or those looking to hike a shorter version of the Inca Trail without camping.
Difficulty: Medium / Moderate
Group Size: Maximum 16 persons.
Start Point: Cusco. / Arrive Point: Cusco.
DAY 1: Cusco / MachuPicchu pueblo (Ex-Aguas Calientes town):
Early morning we pick you up from your hotel and drive to the train station to board the train that will take us to km.104 on the Cusco – Machupicchu railroad (starting point of the hike).
We start visiting the Chachabamba archaeological complex (2150m/7052ft), located very close to the control point, to then embark upon an 8 km (5 miles) ascending trail, which after four hours takes us to the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna (2650m/8692ft). We then continue and climb to Intipunku, or The Sun Gate. From this fabulous spot, we may contemplate the sacred citadel of Machupicchu. From Intipunku we descend to Machupicchu and then by bus to Aguas Calientes town (MachuPicchu Pueblo). Hotel in MachuPicchu Pueblo.
Meals: L (box-lunch) 01 Dinner.
Total distance:13 km (8,miles)/Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours/Maximum altitude point: 2,650 m (8,692 ft).
DAY 2: Day 2: MachuPicchu / Cusco:
We wake up early and board a bus to Machupicchu where we begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately 3 hours. Free time for pictures and return by bus to MachuPicchu pueblo. From here we take the train back to Cusco or the Sacred Valley, where we arrive after nightfall.
Meals: 01 Breakfast.
* Departure and arrival times are approximated.
Important: Since the 2d Inca Trail has a maximum allowance of 250 people per day (including passengers and agency staff), we strongly recommend making your bookings in advance as possible to make sure you will find spaces on the desired departure date (Recommended 8 months prior date of travel)
¡More than a trip, we create unforgettable experiences!
• Pre-departure briefing.
• Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fee.
• Pick up from your hotel in the morning and transfer to the train station in Cusco or the Sacred Valley
• Tourist economic Train ticket (Expedition) from Cusco to km.104 (starting point of the trail) (*)
• English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
• Accommodation in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Ex- Aguas Calientes town) – Hotel Tourist class.
• Meals 1 box-lunch + 1 Dinner + 01 Breakfast. Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost.
• First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
• Bus ticket from Machupicchu Inca citadel down to the village of MachuPicchu Pueblo – 1st day
• Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – 2nd day
• Train ticket from MachuPicchu pueblo to Cusco or Ollantaytambo – Tourist economic class(*)
• Transfer to hotel in Cusco.
(*) Should there be no train tickets available in the direct route Cusco – km.104 and / or Aguas Calientes – Cusco, a train ticket from Sacred Valley to km.104 and / or Aguas Calientes to Sacred Valley will be provided. Service starts in Cusco and finishes in Cusco.
Program does not include.
• Lunch and dinner on the last day.
• Visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
• Tips: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
What we recommend that you bring.
• A day backpack with a change of clothes.
• Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
• Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
• Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
• Camera, films and batteries
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Sun block / After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
• Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
• Handkerchiefs / Toilet paper
•Water container and water for the first morning. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca Trail. Plastic water containers (ie. Nalgene) or metal ones are recommended.
• Cash in soles and/or US$
• Original passport – Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have discount)
• Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage the Inca Trail)
Optional services to be hired:
• Other type of hotel in Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu ruins (Santuary Lodge): please let us know if you have an extra preference for hotel or extra nights are wished.
• Vistadome Service train (First Class) instead of expedition one (Tourist class) – additional cost.
It’s not just about the places you go, it’s also about the people you go with, the experiences you share, the memories you create; because you deserve quality!
Book this tour or create your own program with us!